Station Square is a hot spot for fun in Pittsburgh! Located along the Monongahela River near the three river confluence, visitors get a full panoramic view of downtown Pittsburgh while having pedestrian-only walking access to coffee, restaurants, and activities. It’s the perfect location for a conference stay!
Food at station square
- Bucca di Beppo
- Hard Rock Cafe
- Joe’s Crab Shack
- Kiku Japanese Restaurant
- Texas de Brazil
- Melting Pot
- Tupelo Honey
Fun at station square
- FA Climbing indoor rock wall
- Gateway Clipper boat rides
- Monongahela Incline to Mount Washington
- Segway Pittsburgh
fun just beyonD station square
- Carnegie Science Museum: https://carnegiesciencecenter.org/ This can be accessed by the Gateway Clipper or a 10-minute car journey across the river.. There is free access for K-12 teachers in PA, OH, WV, MD, and NY. Just sign up at this website and bring your school ID: https://carnegiemnh.org/educator/teacher-loyalty-program/
- PNC Park Tours: https://www.mlb.com/pirates/ballpark/tours The beautiful PNC baseball park is a 10-minute car ride from Station Square. Off-season park tours are 90 minutes and $15 per ticket.
- The Mattress Factory: https://mattress.org/ Those interested in modern and cutting-edge art of all media will love this
museumlaboratory. Exhibits change frequently, so check out what’s featured. Once again, this is only a 10-minute drive; tickets are $20 each.
Don’t see an activity that speaks to you? Email firstname.lastname@example.org with what you are looking for, and the conference hosts will help you find an activity that fits your interests!
Pittsburgh Regional Transit offers many public transportation options near Station Square, including the Monongahela Incline to Mount Washington, bus routes to Downtown, and our light rail system (also known as the “T”).
Within the Downtown and North Shore areas, rides on the T are fare-free; this includes the First Avenue, Steel Plaza, Wood Street, Gateway, North Side, and Allegheny stations. Please note that the fare-free zone does not include the Station Square T stop. Transit fares may be paid in cash, but transit passes are also available at T station stops and the Port Authority’s Downtown Service, as well as at most Giant Eagle Stores. More information about fares and transit passes can be found on the Pittsburgh Regional Transit website.
Thank you to our sponsors!
If you would like to contribute to NCPTW 2023 as a sponsor, please email email@example.com